Monday, February 06, 2006

poor me

A packet of Strepsils costs $6. There are 24 in a packet, which is roughly double the number you’ll find in a tube of butter menthols, which can picked up for less than $2. So for that you’d expect a Strepsil – if monetary terms translate – to be roughly AT LEAST one and a half times as effective as a butter menthol.

Yes, but not so. Nor, as it turns out, has daytime/nighttime Sudafed lived up to its reputation. Well, the one that doesn't involve speed labs. That cost $15 for a pack of 24.

So I have spent $21 on placebos, and my throat, cough and general congestion is beginning to develop into what most accurately resembles a case of tonsillitis. This would be fine, but tomorrow I have a job interview, and the inability to talk threatens to undermine any witty repartee yours truly is in a position to dish out.

Boohoo.

2 Comments:

At 9:44 AM, Blogger TimT said...

Perhaps you could convey your message via flags. What's the flag-code for 'I am a fast and efficient worker!', 'I respond well to challenges!', and 'My ability to learn on the job is my greatest strength'?

Also, if your interviewer doesn't know flag language, you could insult them instead.

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger As above said...

I could have gone in with placards. Those three lines are great. And i could re-use them as well because efficiency really never does run out of style. Perhaps for next time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home